Wednesday, July 30, 2008

RIBS ANYONE?!

Today was a very good day if you can say so because it was the eve of yours truly birthday. What can be a great gift to do my stations last live installment of "Backyard BBQ". My chief photojournalist Paul two days ago and early today went out to the site to test the live shot and we were going to do the live shot via microwave ENG but the trees was too tall so we decided to use the satellite truck. Paul warned me that we have to pull about 500 feet, yes 500 feet from the truck to the back yard due to the homeowners long driveway. Boy he was not kidding! I never sweated so much and we ran into problems setting up the live shot. After checking the audio (mic) that was good, after checking the ifb that was good, after checking the video now that was bad. Me and Paul had to go down the line and do the process of elemnation and to see the what cables was bad and after 20 minutes we found the problem. Thank God we left the station at 2:00pm for a 5:00pm live shot. Now I've done five of these "Backyard BBQ" and I never thought we had to do this much work but we got it done and that's all matters. Just like the first event my boss was there and the stations general manager. This has been one live shot that every photog at the station wants to be apart of and just to say I missed 5 week of these but in my opinion because I can say so I was the best and creative photog on this assignment. Later I'll show you some video of my work form this event. The ribs, chicken, steak burgers and key lime pie was the best. Boy I love my job...sorry I didn't post any pictures I was busy feeding my face.

No comments: