Thursday, July 24, 2008

WHAT A DAY!

The day started just like any other day but you know how the news business goes. The time was 10:45am in the morning and I was waiting to start my day with my reporter Greg Funderburg when I heard over the scanner that a fire is going at Cabinet Supply Incorporated on at Brown Ave. I quickly put on my Porta Brace vest and got into my news van and headed over to the scene but then...I called back to the newsroom and told them that I'm headed back to get the live truck.

WTVM Live truck on scene

I had a little trouble getting there although the fire is one mile away from the station but I had to deal with the lunchtime traffic. I was getting very nervous and excited to get the live truck there so we can get the mast up and get the live shot tuned in. The producer call me so many times I thought I was a dispatcher. My fellow photographer Jesse Cohen helped me with the setup of the live shot and kept shooting the fire.

Fire at Cabinet Supply Incorporated


We was first on the scene and the live shot has been tuned in, ifb is dialed in, and the audio has been checked now is air time. I was on the phone with the producer the whole time in case something happens and Laurie Bernstein is there to report the breaking news.

Laurie Bernstein prepares for noon live shot

The live shot is over then I received a call from the video editor back at the station asking to feed the video from the fire back to the station. I got in the live truck and started to cut the vo or voice over that Laurie will be doing in the second live shot and man we got some nice video. The video was so good that our "competitor" from W__L asked for it and I told him "Dude we don't shot on tape here anymore I shoot on Panasonic P2 cards." Anyways we did the live shot and all the hoopla was over at least for me. I had to take another news van back to the station to pick up Greg for another story in La Grange Ga so click here for that sad story. That's is why I choose this career....I live for breaking news! Below is other pictures I took from the fire.

No comments: