Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'M GOING BACK TO CNN....WE'LL SEE.

I remember the day, two and half years ago when I went to my former boss at the media giant and told him that I got a job offer at WTVM/FOX 54 in Columbus Georgia as a photojournalist. This shocked him and others but for me I had to start a new direction in my career because I always wanted to be a camera man for a major network or local TV station. When a made the announcement to my former boss he sent the email:

"VJ Thomas Bradley has decided to leave CNN after accepting a job with WTVM News 9 in Columbus, GA as Field Photojournalist and Editor. Thomas is known for the enthusiasm and energy he brings to work on a daily basis. His attention to detail in the studio became very evident during the transition to temporary studios while the main studio at Headline News was being renovated last year. He played a key role in getting the temporary studios set up and ready for the renovation and played a very vital role in the launch of the new studio. Please congratulate Thomas as he enters this next phase of his career—his last day will be Friday, April 27th."

After the cat was out of the bag of sorts I sent out my own offical announcement good bye email:

"After six and a half years at CNN with mixed emotions I'd decided to leave to start my next adventure and challenge. With many years of working in this industry from working for free starting with GPB (Georgia Public Broadcasting) doing camera work during pledge drives to working with the "big leagues" of CNN I accomplished a lot since graduating from Brown College in Minnesota in 2002. This journey is about to get "Freakin' Awesome Dude" as I had accepted a full time position in Columbus Georgia with an ABC/CNN affiliate, WSB-TV Ch. 2 sister station News Leader WTVM 9/WXTX Fox 54 as a field photographer/ editor. Friday April 27th is my final day with CNN and I assume my role with WTVM 9/WXTX Fox 54 on Monday April 30th. For this huge opportunity I would like to think you all from my lord in savoir Jesus, my mom Belinda, and the teachers in school, my mentor for over 11 years Phil Proctor, Shariff Mosley and everyone whoever motivated me and believed in me. For all who have dreams hold on to it and never let it go and never give up because when you do right good things happens. Before I go I have a bible scripture to share with all and this scripture is what I live by each day. Philippians 4:4-13: "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Right now I'm L.T.D Living The Dream and going to do what I always prayed to God to do and that's videography. I will always be a "headliner" and I am CNN. If Gods willing I will be back here at CNN in some fashion...stay tuned."

It was very tough leaving CNN then because I gave so much there and apart of me felt like I did not achieve all of my goals as my ultimate goal is to be a network editor or photojournalist there. I just applied for a Network Editor position at CNN and I hope to get the job. I know that If I get the position I will have to give up the daily grind of a photojournalist, chasing down house fires, covering press conferences, driving miles in our DMA for stories and finally doing live shots in the extreme elements. I will pray on this and hopefully If Gods willing I will return to CNN. Just stay tuned. Till next time "Chance favors the prepared mind".

No comments: