Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BY GEOGRE I THINK ID GOT IT!

OK after two failed satellite live shots, one the generator overheated and the other I was on the wrong bird then later I found out that I the elevation was off. So I had to practice and practice and it all worked well. Tonight I took out our satellite truck to do that and I feel comfortable in finding satellite Galaxy 17. For the first time I, by myself set up a live satellite shot in the back yard of our station parking lot. It did not take me a while to find it because I know where the bird was. I set the elevation to 51.0 and I looked on the waveform monitor and I counted the satellites while they went by pointing the dish 91 degrees west as my azimuth was 101.8. When I was calling Galaxy 17 access I sudden forgot to set the computer to H or horizontal so I can be on the right bird and they can see me. So I will try again once more to see I can find everything in the air. Hopefully when I ever go out and perform I sat shot I will not have no problem finding it. I'll keep my fingers cross and pray hard. Till next time "Chance favors the prepared mind".




Above is Galaxy 17 as viewed in the waveform monitor in the satellite truck.

No comments: