Thursday, September 17, 2009

A VERY BUSY WEEKEND.


Well sort of. I'm in Atlanta now to work or freelance if you will with GPB (Georgia Public Broadcasting) at their annual Georgia Music Hall of Fame show and this year will be a great one. This is my eighth year in working with the public broadcasting company for this event. This event will be a little different because my mentor for over a decade Phil Proctor, will not be there due to GPB letting him go early this year. I guess I have to carry the torch then. Anyways I hope i will be working camera this year because I think I deserve it due to my experience and loyalty to the company and annual event but we'll see. The people that I am told that will be accepting the induction of the GA Music Hall of fame will be Atlanta's own rock group Collective Soul and christian rock group Third Day. I'm looking forward to hear my favorite song from Collective Soul "Heavy". It's been a long time since I've seen the guy who gave me my first TV check out of college Rosser Shymanski and it will be fun to see what he's been up to as well others at GPB. Friday I have a 8am crew call and meet everyone at the TV production truck and Saturday leading up to airtime to tweak then fax all the cameras. Sunday i will be heading to the GA. Dome to work the Atlanta Falcons game. Can you say "Money, Money, Yea, Yea!" Later in my blog I will post any pictures from the Hall of Fame event. Till next time "Chance favors the prepared mind".

No comments: