Monday, June 15, 2009

I TOUCHED HISTORY!

So today when I arrived at work I was handled a assignment from my assignment editor not knowing that I will be apart of something special. So my reporter and I was assign to shoot a interview at the National Infantry Museum. The person we interviewed was the "main contractor" of the museum. Afterwards we headed back to the station. At the station I did not know that I was going back to the museum to shoot some additional footage for our hour long special that the station will be doing at the end of the week. If you are in the Columbus Georgia area the National Infantry Museum should be on your itinerary. Since I work for the media it was an honor to shoot the exhibits and historical artifacts that is scattered in this facility. One of the artifacts that really touched me and made me misty-eyed was the Berlin Wall exhibit. Now I don't know if I was born or not but I only read and saw film of the wall in history classes. The exhibit as I know of will be covered with glass but I had the honor toady to not only shoot the wall but to feel and touch it as well. I never in my lifetime experience a piece of history as of this. I would like to thank the communications director of the National Infantry Museum Cyndy Cerbin in allowing me to feel a piece of history. Till next time "Chance favors the prepared Mind".




WTVM's photojournalist Thomas Bradley poses next to the Berlin Wall at the National Infantry Museum.

Photojournalist Thomas Bradley touches a piece of history.

No comments: