Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MEETING A TRUE SOUTHERN BELLE.

So when I arrived to work today I barely had time to say hello to everybody as my assignment editor rushed me out to cover two VOSOTS. During my final assignment I got a call form the assignment desk that I had to travel to Americus Georgia to cover an Boys and Girls Club fundraiser that former GA governor and U.S president Jimmy Carter with celebrity chef and Albany native Paula Deen. Did you think I was star-struck?! Well "no" but I did wanted to meet her because I hear that the food she makes is "oh so good", sorry Mister Food. So I had to come back to the station to ingest and edit the two VOSOTS that I did earlier then get final words from both my assignment editor and executive producer. I went to gas up my news car and headed out to Americus. While I was driving I was thinking of questions to as Ms. Deen and then I said to myself, "Thomas just be yourself and be natural". So I was still on the road going through the countryside of Beuna Vista and I was thinking that I will die of true boredom if I was living out here. I love the big city, I hate the country. Anyways I made my arrival at campus of Georgia Southwestern State University where the event was held and I started shooting b-roll before I had the opportunity to interview Paula Deen. Speaking of her although Jimmy Carter was there she had more people coming up to her to take their pictures and autograph's than the former president. Finally Paula came over and we met and the interview started. If you ever meet her she is the most friendly person you will ever meet. For more on Paula Deen please go to her website and for more on this story I covered please click here. Paula thanks for your time with me and Mrs. Deen you are a true southern belle. Till next time "Chance favors the prepared mind".
WTVM's photojournalist Thomas D Bradley shares a smile with Paula Deen.

No comments: